What is a Cookie?
Generally our cookies perform up to three different functions:
- Strictly Essential Cookies – To run some parts of our site we set a session cookie. This cookie is used to identify user sessions between page visits. Our site will not work correctly if the cookie cannot be set (for example if you set your internet browser to reject all cookies).
- Google Maps Cookies (Third Party) – Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies – These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. We use Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
How to disable Cookies in your browser
You can restrict or block cookies at any time using your browser settings. You can learn more on how to remove cookies set on your computer / mobile device via the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Further Information on Cookies
- For information regarding the updated law on cookies visit the ICO.
- For more information about how to manage cookies and their uses visit About Cookies.